Wednesday, February 6, 2013

First of All

1 Timothy 2:1-2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

A few years ago, I reviewed the letters to Timothy and Titus with this question in mind, "What is a preacher supposed to do?" As I read, there were a lot of things that Paul instructed, but this one stood out. He said, "first of all" pray.

We all lead busy lives. There is always somewhere to go, someone to talk to, and something to do. We want the hand of God acting in our lives, but so often we forget to stop and ask Him for his help, strength, and guidance.

My encouragement today is for us not to make prayer our last resort, but rather our first. Before you start the day; before you go into that meeting; before you pick up the kids from school; before you have that conversation take a minute and have a talk with God about it.

God loves us and is concerned about our lives. He is standing at the door knocking, waiting for us to let Him in; not just into our hearts for salvation but into our day-to-day lives.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

First of all, pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.